The Childcare Company / Impact Futures is a leading national training provider offering training in Childcare, Health and Social Care, Management, Business Administration, Customer Service and Team Leading qualifications. We currently train over 2000 learners each year that are supported by our passionate and friendly professional team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a successful candidate to join our teaching team as an Induction Tutor.
Location of the role is at our head office in Langley with the ability to travel when required to learner/employer sites.
The role is primarily to support new learners during their first month in training prior to being transferred to their sector specialised tutor.
- Guiding the learner and the learner’s employer through our online learning platform (training will be provided to the successful candidate)
- Delivering a learner’s first teaching session that may include, Maths and English
- Providing strong initial advice and guidance of the programme delivery to both learner and employer
- Engage and motivate learner and employer on the learning journey and ensure all parties are clear on their roles and responsibilities which include ESFA rules
- Supporting the learner and the learner’s employer with questions, queries or concerns that may arise.
- Providing accurate reports on learner progression
- Supporting our Sector Heads/Team Leaders with any other related tasks.
Candidates applying will:
- champion apprenticeship branding and concept including the Government goal of 3,000,000 starts by 2020
- hold a Maths and English qualification at a Level 2 or GCSE Grade ‘C’ or above or Grade 4-9
- be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that promotes empathy with an ethical approach whilst ensuing the learner is taking ownership of their training tasks
- have a strong attention to detail that includes good questioning and listening skills
- have excellent time management
- have strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- have the ability to handle confidential information
- are able to work independently without supervision
- to remain ‘on message’ and professionally represent The Childcare Company / Impact Futures
- adhere to company procedures, relevant legislation and industry codes of ethic
The successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent telephone manner with a personality that is interactive, motivating and engaging. They will be organised and self-disciplined with good time management skills. Experience in tutoring or assessing is not essential but would be an advantage.
Candidates must hold, Maths and English (minimum of a Grade C GCSE or equivalent)
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong work ethic
- Ambitious and motivated
- Ability to build and maintain employer relationships
- Good personal presentation
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent time keeping and personal organisation
- Calm approach
- Embrace apprenticeships
- Motivational and inspiring personality that inspires young people and employers
- Teamworking, collaboration and co-operation
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary package from reflective of experience
- 40-hour week
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays-
- Additional day leave on your birthday after 1 year of completed service
- Annual full team party
- Equipment supplied to support role
- Regular CPD
- Career progression opportunities
The Childcare Company / Impact Futures are an Equals Opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitability qualified persons regardless of their race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job offers are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
To apply, please forward your CV with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org