Residential Childcare Tutor – An exciting opportunity to join the teaching team of the leading national training provider.
We are a leading national training provider offering training in Health, Adult Health and Social Care, Childcare, Management, Business Administration, Customer Service and Team Leading qualifications based in Langley that offers its employees an exciting change of pace.
The Position: We are looking for Residential Childcare Tutor to deliver the apprenticeship standards for learners going into Residential Childcare. The role involves a blend of home, head office, employer site locations (work base) and team meeting venues for a 40-hour week.
- Competitive salary package available, subject to level of experience.
- We offer a monthly staff reward and recognition scheme, such as an evening meal for 2.
- 25 days annual leave as well as your Birthday for an additional day of leave after 1 year of completed service.
- You will also be provided with the equipment needed to support your job role.
- Career progression opportunities and regular CPD.
- Assessing qualification
- You should be an approachable, team player who has excellent communication skills.
- Recognised Level 5 or above in Residential Childcare
- Proven occupational competency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above / Functional Skills Level 2
- Experience in the delivery of apprenticeships
- Have a full driving license and use of a car, as well as full motor and home insurance for business use.
- PTLLS or equivalent qualification
- Access to a reliable Internet connection at home.
Desirable but not essential:
- IQA qualification
- Taking ownership of learners/apprentices during their journey whilst adhering to a knowledge of funding and compliance rules.
- Showcase success rates for both functional skills and apprenticeship achievement.
- Interact with learners and their employers and therefore must have a professional and engaging telephone manner.
- You will be an enthusiastic and approachable team player who wants to motivate others.
- Will have excellent communication skills.
- Be organised and have good time management skills.
- Have the confidence to work independently.
- Have a good understanding/working knowledge of funding compliancy including:
- The apprenticeship levy
- Ofsted framework
- Awarding Organisation requirements
- Frameworks to Standards
Tutors performances are indicated by:
- Completed portfolio’s 100% audit compliant
- Learner success rate – minimum of 80%
- ‘My Voice’ Surveys – 80% of allocated learners must complete – outcome 85% ‘Good – Outstanding’
- Functional Skills – measured on number of re-sits / success rate
- Compliancy of ESFA rules – Measured at tutor Supervision
The Company: Impact Futures / The Childcare Company is a leading national training provider offering training in Health, Adult Health and Social Care, Childcare, Management, Business Administration, Customer Service and Team Leading qualifications. We currently train over 2500 learners each year that are supported by our passionate and friendly team that pride themselves on their delivery of high-quality training.
Impact Futures / The Childcare Company are an Equals Opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitability qualified persons regardless of their race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job offers are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.